Are you looking to boost your business’s ROI, improve collaboration, and gain a competitive edge? If so, outsourcing to agency copywriters may be the best strategy.
Efficiency: Why it Should Matter to Marketers
Before digging into how to leverage agency copywriters, let’s talk about marketing efficiency. It’s something businesses of all sizes should prioritize, and here’s why:
- Save money: Spend less and get more return on investment (ROI). You can allocate those funds to projects like product development or enhancing customer service.
- Better reach: Efficient marketing strategies help a business communicate its message to more people. More potential customers hear you, which helps grow the customer base.
- Improved customer experiences: Who doesn’t love satisfied customers? A smooth and efficient customer experience makes them return for more, building loyalty and repeat business.
You’re probably wondering, “How can I do this?”
Collect and analyze data to nail your messaging just right. But don’t stop there; automate as much as possible. Things like sending emails or posting on social media can be automated, freeing up your team to zero in on other important tasks.
When we spoke to Aaron Lester, a Content Strategist at GoTo, about how nDash helped improve efficiency, he said:
“From a process management standpoint, the nDash platform has had a huge, positive impact. We know how easy it is for editorial workflow to get out of hand with things like email and shared drives.”
He continued, “nDash allows us to consolidate all of our communication with writers. We know that anything we need — project communication, content briefs, drafts, etc. — is in the platform.”
How to Streamline Workflows with Agency Copywriters
Now that we understand why marketing efficiency matters, let’s look at leveraging agency copywriters to streamline workflows.
Streamlining workflows with agency copywriters can lead to more efficient processes, better collaboration, and higher-quality work.
Monica Caraway, Content Lead at Orange Marketing, explained how nDash helped streamline her team’s workflows:
“The nature of our work means that we have a “bundle” of content we need to organize for each client, and being able to hand that off to nDash’s writers quickly has helped immensely.”
She continued, “It significantly cuts down on my workload every week. The high quality of writing that nDash delivers has reduced the time we need to spend editing, revising, and project managing by at least 20%.”
Here are some tips on how to achieve these goals:
- Establish clear communication: Define expectations, outline requirements, and schedule regular check-ins to foster collaboration and efficiency.
- Use collaborative tools: Tools like Trello, Asana, and the nDash platform bring transparency and speed to projects.
- Provide comprehensive briefs: Detailing every project aspect reduces unnecessary back-and-forth, ensuring copywriters know what’s required.
- Create a review process: This ensures drafts align with project goals.
- Educate on brand guidelines: Resources like brand messaging and writer guidelines ensure consistency.
Increasing Productivity Through Outsourcing to Agency Copywriters
By delegating content creation to agency copywriters, you can focus more on your core activities, achieving higher output and quality of work.
Identifying the Need
The first step in improving productivity through outsourcing is identifying your organization’s specific needs. Ask yourself:
Are you producing content for websites, blogs, advertising, or other media?
Assessing the required skills for these tasks can help you find the right agency. Outsourcing to copywriters can free up internal resources, thus allowing them to focus on core competencies, which leads to increased efficiency.
That increase in efficiency is a pain point many marketers feel. When we talked to Michael Kaisin-Morin, the former Senior Managing Editor at Ask Media Group, he explained how thrilled he and his team were when they started engaging with freelance writers on nDash.
“When we shifted from our previous freelance writing solution to nDash, my editors were practically crying tears of joy. They gained so much time back in their day-to-day lives because the content quality was so much higher.”
He continued, “They no longer had to spend hours doing heavy edits just to get the quality up to par. nDash cut our editing time by at least half, and the overall process of dealing with nDash was faster and much more seamless.”
Benefits of Outsourcing to Agency Copywriters
Outsourcing copywriting tasks comes with many benefits that lead to increased productivity. Here’s what George Kuhn, Founder of Drive Research, said about the benefits of working with nDash’s freelancers:
“What I like the most about nDash is the focus on writer quality and subject matter expertise. It’s easy to find writers willing to do the work, but we’re looking for writers that truly understand our space. nDash has helped us build an elite writing team that can grow with us.”
Here are some benefits of outsourcing to agency copywriters:
- Expertise and skillset: Agency copywriters often specialize in different industries or styles. They have the experience and knowledge to craft content that resonates with the target audience.
- Time efficiency: By outsourcing, you can save time that internal staff might spend on research, drafting, and editing.
- Cost-effectiveness: There’s a clear cost structure that can be more affordable than maintaining a full-time, in-house team. Budgeting becomes more straightforward, and you can invest more in other crucial areas.
- Scalability and flexibility: Outsourcing offers the ability to scale up or down as required. Agencies usually have multiple writers, allowing for flexibility in meeting varying demands.
Challenges of Outsourcing to Agency Copywriters
Though there are clear benefits, don’t forget there are also challenges to consider.
During that same conversation with Michael Kaisin-Morin, he discussed his team’s challenges before engaging with nDash’s agency copywriters.
“Our previous freelance agency was a double-blind, anonymous platform that didn’t allow us to communicate with writers directly. The quality was low, and the turnaround time could take months. Plus, we had to deal with a constant back-and-forth between writers and our in-house editors as we struggled to get their content up to par.”
He continued, “And at the same time, our content needs were huge — we were regularly publishing 100 articles a month.”
We’ve broken down a few challenges and how to overcome them:
- Quality concerns: Mitigate these concerns with clear guidelines, regular reviews, and choosing a reputable agency.
- Communication barriers: Overcome this with regular meetings, clear documentation, and aligned expectations.
- Security concerns: Address this issue by having proper legal agreements and vetting the agency’s security protocols.
Maximizing Time and Resources
Agency copywriters can take on the time-consuming tasks of researching, writing, and editing content. This frees up in-house team members to focus on other aspects of the marketing strategy, like research, planning, and strategic development.
These professionals have specialized expertise in crafting compelling and persuasive copy that aligns with a brand’s voice and goals. This can help marketing teams create more effective marketing campaigns.
In one of our discussions with Nina McIntyre, ETQ’s former CMO, she explained the team’s need for subject matter experts.
“At ETQ, we’re developing content for many different personas and industries — and while there are some general pieces, the vast majority of our content needs to address specialized concerns. The demand gen beast is a ravenous engine!”
She continued, “Our content creation pace is fast, so we need to have fresh offers all the time. We’re very lucky we found nDash.”
Working with agency copywriters can help marketing teams improve coordination and alignment across various channels and touchpoints. This can lead to a more cohesive and effective customer experience.
Here are some specific examples of how agency copywriters can help marketing teams:
- Research: Identify target audiences for relevant content.
- Planning: Develop and execute marketing plans and content calendars.
- Strategy: Develop and implement strategic marketing campaigns, including creative briefs and copy.
- Execution: Assist in campaign execution, including ad copy and social media posts.
By leveraging the skills of agency copywriters, marketing teams can create more effective and impactful marketing campaigns. As a result, that could lead to increased brand awareness, improved engagement, and increased sales.
Unlocking Success with nDash: Elevate Your Marketing Strategy with Agency Copywriters
By outsourcing to agency copywriters, businesses are not only placing themselves at the forefront of expertise and quality, but they’re also harnessing the power to significantly streamline their operations and save invaluable time.
Leveraging freelancers through nDash can streamline operations, improve content quality, and boost ROI. For marketers and brands seeking to elevate their strategies and gain a competitive edge, contact us today to learn more about how we can help.