A “User” means (1) a person who makes use of the Site on her or her own behalf, (2) a person who makes use of the Site on behalf of a business organization, or (3) a business organization on whose behalf a person makes use of the Site.
A “Client” is a person or business organization who establishes a membership account with the intention of purchasing written content from Writers.
A “Writer” is a person or business organization who establishes a membership account and who offers and delivers written content and services through the Site.
A “Member” is a User who is either a Client or a Writer.
The “Site” means the website with the URL http://ndash.co and all affiliated pages.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
What information nDash collects
We collect information about you only if we need the information for some legitimate purpose. nDash will have information about you only if (a) you have provided the information yourself, (b) nDash has automatically collected the information, or (c) nDash has obtained the information from a third party. Below we describe the various scenarios that fall under each of those three categories and the information collected in each one.
Information that you provide us
i. Account signup : When you sign up for an account to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your name, email address, company name to complete the account signup process. We will try to determine your country of origin automatically. You can change them later if you like. You’ll also be required to choose a unique email and a password for accessing the created account. You may also provide us with more information for your profile such as your photo, social links, about me, and language, but we don’t require that information to sign up for an account. You may also choose to sign up via LinkedIn. In that case we will ask LinkedIn to provide us the information above.
ii. Companies, Groups, and Writers: We record information when you (i) join a group or company, (ii) bookmark other groups or writers, (iii) or interact with groups or writers in others way like messaging. We also store (i) cross-references between groups, companies, and writers when they are affiliated or interacted, (ii) metrics and metadata like last login.
iii. Assignments, Ideas, and Documents: We record information when you create or interact with any assignment, idea, or document on the platform. This includes (i) messaging chats, (ii) assignment applications, (iii) assignment requests, (iv) idea or pitch requests.
iv. Event registrations and other form submissions: We record information that you submit when you (i) register for any event, including webinars or seminars, (ii) subscribe to our newsletter or any other mailing list, (iii) submit a form in order to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials, (iv) participate in contests or respond to surveys, or (v) submit a form to request customer support or to contact nDash for any other purpose.
v. Payment processing : When you buy something from us, e.g. subscription, or buy something from other users, e.g. assignments and documents, we ask you to provide your name and credit card information. When you submit your card information, we do not store the actual credit card number. All the information above is encrypted and secured by our Payment Gateway Stripe.com. For quick processing we store the name of the cardholder, the expiry date, and the last four digits of the credit card number.
vi. Interactions with nDash : We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, and chat conversations with our sales and customer support professionals, for improving our interactions with you and other customers.
Information that we collect automatically
i. Information from browsers, devices and servers : When you visit our websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
iii. Information from application logs and mobile analytics: We collect information about your use of our products, services and mobile applications from application logs and in-house usage analytics tools, and use it to understand how your business use and needs can improve our products. This information includes clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
Information that we collect from third parties
i. Signups using federated authentication service providers: You can log in to nDash Services using supported federated authentication service providers such as LinkedIn. These services will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address.
ii. Referrals: If someone has referred any of our products or services to you through any of our referral programs, that person may have provided us your name, email address, and other personal information. If you provide us information about another person, or if another person gives us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
iii. Information from our reselling partners and service providers: If you contact any of our reselling partners, or otherwise express interest in any of our products or services to them, the reselling partner may pass your name, email address, company name and other information to nDash. If you register for or attend an event that is sponsored by nDash, the event organizer may share your information with us. nDash may also receive information about you from review sites if you comment on any review of our products and services, and from other third-party service providers that we engage in marketing our products and services.
iv. Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources : When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, or better understand user reactions and issues. We must tell you that once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media sites. nDash may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
Purposes for using information
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our products and services;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our services, such as enabling collaboration, providing website and mail hosting, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To understand how users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our products and services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of Zoho, Zoho’s users, third parties, and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user.
Legal bases for collecting and using information
Legal processing bases applicable to nDash: If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for information collection and use depends on the personal information concerned and the context in which we collect it. Most of our information collection and processing activities are typically based on (i) contractual necessity, (ii) one or more legitimate interests of nDash or a third party that is not overridden by your data protection interests, or (iii) your consent. Sometimes, we may be legally required to collect your information or may need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Legitimate interests notice: Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and those legitimate interests are not specified above, we will clearly explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information.
Your choice of information use
Opt out of non-essential electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function included in all such messages. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails.
Disable cookies: You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly.
Optional information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo. You can also delete or change your optional profile information. You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our Site, services, or features.
3. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL DATA.
As is true of most web sites, when you visit our Site we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We gather technical information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, pages visited, manner of connection to the Internet, and referring URL. We use this information in aggregate to analyze trends and administer our service. The information that we collect through log files is not tied to personally identifiable information.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve or track ads on our web site and other web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
4. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION SHARING.
The information collected by nDash is used in the operation of the Site, including the sharing of certain information between Clients and Writers. In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties that offer related products or services. However, we will only do so with your consent.
• In order to provide our services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email or process credit card payments. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of nDash, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• If there is a change of control in nDash’s business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
nDash may employ independent contractors, vendors and suppliers (“Outside Contractors”) to provide specific services and products related to the Site or to the services provided on the Site, including but not limited to, performing general statistical analysis, maintaining an email suppression list as may be required by state and/or federal law, providing credit card processing and/or order fulfillment, fraud screening, testing and implementation of special services to Users, and developing applications for the Site and the services provided on the Site. These Outside Contractors may have limited access to information collected on the Site, including personally identifiable information, in the course of providing such products or services.
5. USER CONTROL OF INFORMATION.
nDash provides Users the ability to opt-out of receiving email communications from us. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from nDash or, if you are a Member, by visiting the Profile section of your account.
nDash reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages or job postings in your area and responses to jobs that you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update this information by logging into your account and accessing the “Profile” section within “My Account”. If you no longer wish to participate in our service you may contact nDash customer service and request that your account be closed.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
nDash is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private. As a result, we have implemented industry-recognized safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards include:
- We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the industry standard method for computers to communicate securely without risk of manipulation or recipient impersonation. We utilize SSL in the online registration process, in the login process, and in the account management section of the Site.
- nDash uses encryption technology to protect sensitive information.
- nDash employs firewalls and system monitoring to protect against unauthorized access of our systems.
Please remember that you also play a valuable role in data security. You should never share your nDash, or any site, password with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately by logging into your account and accessing the “Profile” section within “My Account”. After you have finished using our Site, you should log out of your nDash account and exit your browser.
7. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION.
PO Box 405
Wayland MA 01778