Educational Financial Content: Bringing Value To Your Customers Using Freelance Writers
Personal finance is a complex topic that generates a lot of questions. Generations who might have turned to family members or their personal banker for answers in the past are instead using search engines to learn how to save for retirement, find a great checking account, and wisely select a mortgage loan.
While there are independent financial publications that offer financial content, there’s no reason why they have to be in the top spot on Google. Financial services companies can increase their value proposition while drawing in new leads when optimizing an educational, financial content blog.
Why Create an Educational Financial Blog?
Creating a financial education blog is often a solid choice for marketing a financial services company.
- You can leverage the expertise you and your team already have by having a writer interview members of your team about key topics and the services your financial company provides.
- You can learn more, through keyword research, about what your target demographics really are looking for from their financial institutions.
- You can benefit from more educated financial customers who will come to you ready to invest, save, and borrow in ways that go along with best practices in the financial industry.
- Compared to other advertising methods, creating educational content can be economical, especially as your website builds credibility and social media users share your content.
- Investing in your blog and other educational content shows a commitment to the well-being of your customers, boosting goodwill.
Creating a great educational blog about personal finance is possible even for a regional or local personal finance institution. A great team of freelance writers will help you rank for keywords like “best bank Des Moines Iowa” or “good checking account Poughkeepsie NY.”
Why Are Freelance Writers The Right Fit For Your Financial Services Company?
While many financial services companies have an in-house marketing person or team, freelance writers are an excellent, flexible solution for the launch of your blog. On a platform like nDash, companies create a call for pitches that explains what kinds of content they are looking for, such as personal finance explainer articles or search-engine-optimized stories about common financial accounts.
Then, personal finance writers with years of experience and plenty of research chops will send pitches, suggesting their topic and allowing you to vet their credentials. Commissioning a story is easy, and there are ways to communicate with the writer about expectations and any necessary revisions. As you learn more about what you want and need from your writers, you can scale up or down your accepted pitches. You can also create assignments on new subjects and offer them to your favorite freelance writers.
Advantages of Working With Freelance Writers
While this process makes it easy for your team to supervise the creation and growth of your financial education blog on your website, working with freelancers has even more advantages.
- With per-project rates, you’ll know the price for the content from the beginning, keeping costs under control and allowing you to order more content when you need it, such as around a project launch.
- With your website analytics, you can discover which articles and educational content are performing well, drawing in leads, and showing up on social media. This information can inform your new marketing directions and keep you agile.
- At the same time, having a pool of freelance talent allows you to form long-term relationships with freelancers whose work you appreciate, giving them consistent commissions and the kind of work you want for your educational content blog.
Long-term, freelance writing on your blog can inform many aspects of your marketing. It gives you interesting topics to discuss and promote on social media, creates print materials for distribution to potential clients, and coins slogans and catchphrases for your branding.
At the same time, freelance writing keeps you able to pivot to new strategies in your quest to inform your customers and leads alike, staying responsive to the latest trends in the financial climate and financial services. Customers will be glad you can help them navigate the new headwinds they face financially, all while building your reputation for excellence.
About the author:
Laura Leavitt is a freelance writer specializing in green energy, personal finance, marketing, and lifestyle verticals. You can learn more about her by visiting her profile here: Laura Leavitt.