Content is King: Some of Our Favorite Content Marketing Quotes
The great Bill Gates once said, “Content is king.” As the richest man on the planet, the words of the noble philanthropist and the man that cofounded Microsoft tend to carry some weight. Then again, why rely solely on the allegation of a college dropout?
Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Marketing, would counter that statement from Gates. In fact, he once claimed, “Content isn’t king; it’s the kingdom.”
Alright, so maybe we’re just splitting hairs. And maybe, the $80-billion, self-made man knows what he’s doing. Wherever you feel that content creation ranks in the regal hierarchy of the medieval monarchy, each of these proclamations clearly portrays the royal significance of content marketing.
Comprised of tips on themes, branding, writing, and distribution, Gates and Odden aren’t alone in providing some majestic declarations and advice for the world of content marketing. Based on compilations from ExactTarget and B2B Marketing Insider, here are sixteen of our favorite content marketing quotes:
- Content marketing is all about telling a compelling story. – Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute (Tweet this Quote!)
- The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing. – Tom Fishburne, Marketoonist (Tweet this Quote!)
- Useful x Enjoyable x Inspired = Innovative Content. – Ann Handley, MarketingProfs (Tweet this Quote!)
- Attract. Engage. Convert. – Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing
- Content marketing is all the marketing that’s left. – Seth Godin, Seth Godin Productions (Tweet this Quote!)
- The key ingredient to better content is separating the single from the stream. – David Hahn, LinkedIn
- You can’t be everything to everyone, but you can be something to someone. – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- Adapt to your customer’s needs. They expect it. – Scott Abel, Content Strategist (Tweet this Quote!)
- We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in. – Craig Davis, J. Walter Thompson
- Your brand is not what you sell. – John Iwata, IBM
- The mantra should change from “Always Be Closing” to “Always Be Helping.” – David Hahn, LinkedIn
- Marketing used to be about making a myth and telling it. Now it’s about telling a truth and sharing it. – Marc Mathieu, Unilever
- Branded content is created for a company. A content brand is created for a valuable company. – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- Ask yourself, what simple twist on a familiar theme will entrap your audience? – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- Connect with your audience through stories people love. – Shafqat Islam, NewsCred (Tweet this Quote!)
- Content is king, but distribution is queen. And she wears the pants. – Jonathan Perelman, Buzzfeed
Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!