The great Bill Gates once said, “Content is king.” Indeed, as the richest man on the planet, words about content creation from the noble philanthropist and the man that co-founded Microsoft tend to carry some weight. Then again, why rely solely on the allegation of a college dropout?
Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Marketing, would counter that statement from Gates. In fact, he once claimed, “Content isn’t king; it’s the kingdom.”
Alright, so maybe we’re just splitting hairs. And maybe, the $80-billion, self-made man knows what he’s doing. Wherever you feel that content creation ranks in the regal hierarchy of the medieval monarchy, each of these proclamations clearly portrays the royal significance of content marketing.
Our Top 10 Favorite Content Creation and Marketing Quotes
Comprised of tips on themes, branding, writing, and distribution, Gates and Odden aren’t alone in providing some majestic declarations and advice for the world of content marketing. Based on compilations from Salesforce, MarketingProfs, and many others — here are sixteen of our favorite content marketing quotes:
- Adapt to your customer’s needs. They expect it. – Scott Abel, Content Strategist (Tweet this Quote!)
- If your stories are all about your products and services, that’s not storytelling. It’s a brochure. Give yourself permission to make the story bigger. — Jay Baer
- When creating content, be the best answer on the internet. – Andy Crestodina
- Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue. – Andrew Davis
- We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in. – Craig Davis, J. Walter Thompson
- Ask yourself, what simple twist on a familiar theme will entrap your audience? – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- Branded content is created for a company. A content brand is created for a valuable company. – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- You can’t be everything to everyone, but you can be something to someone. – Drew Davis, Brandscaping
- The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing. – Tom Fishburne, Marketoonist (Tweet this Quote!)
- Content marketing is all the marketing that’s left. – Seth Godin, Seth Godin Productions (Tweet this Quote!)
Bonus Content Creation Quotes We Love!
- The key ingredient to better content is separating the single from the stream. – David Hahn, LinkedIn
- The mantra should change from “Always Be Closing” to “Always Be Helping.” – David Hahn, LinkedIn
- Useful x Enjoyable x Inspired = Innovative Content. – Ann Handley, MarketingProfs (Tweet this Quote!)
- Connect with your audience through stories people love. – Shafqat Islam, NewsCred (Tweet this Quote!)
- Your brand is not what you sell. – John Iwata, IBM
- There is no content strategy without a measurement strategy. Before embarking on a content initiative, irrespective of medium or platform, it’s important to know what you want to achieve. – Rebecca Lieb
- Marketing used to be about making a myth and telling it. Now it’s about telling a truth and sharing it. – Marc Mathieu, Unilever
- Attract. Engage. Convert. – Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing
- Content marketing is all about telling a compelling story. – Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute (Tweet this Quote!)
- Content is king, but context is God. – Gary Vaynerchuk
Which one is your favorite? Let us know on Twitter!