There are so many content marketing conferences to choose from in 2019! This is why we wanted to make your life easy and highlight the ones that you cannot miss. Below you’ll find 19 conferences to put on your calendar. All covering different insights, expertise, and objectives. Read on to find out which one is right for you!
B2B Marketing Exchange – February 25-27 – Scottsdale, AZ
The B2B Marketing Exchange covers all areas in – you guessed it – B2B marketing. From content marketing to demand generation, digital strategy to sales enablement, this conference provides a holistic overview of the latest marketing trends and how to apply them to your business strategy.
Here are a few amazing speakers that you see:
- Michael Brenner, Marketing Insider Group
- David Lewis, DemandGen International
- Masha Finkelstein, Google
- Ryan MacInnis, Notarize (the nDash team wants to give him a special shout-out, way to represent Boston!)
- Cara Hogan, Zaius (another fellow Bostonian, way to go!)
- John Steinert, TechTarget (Boston represents! nDash also loves working with his team!)
The sessions at B2B Marketing Exchange will help you create more authentic and engaging content by breaking down all stages of a buyer’s journey.
Marketing Week Live – March 6-7 – London, UK
Marketing Week and Econsultancy host MWLive, which provides a wide range of sessions for marketers of different backgrounds. It’s the right mix of strategic and practical sessions on all tracks of marketing (brand, social, content, search, etc.), and it’s also free to attend. Yes. All of that expertise. For FREE. Can you hear our excitement?!
If you can make it, be sure to check out these speakers:
- Sylvia Jensen, Acquia
- Sal Burns, Messenger Facebook
- Karl Boyce, Domino’s Pizza UK
- Paul Davies, Econsultancy
And (hopefully) these sessions:
- Branded Content: Using Content to Engage with Your Audience and Influence Positive Change
- Jungle Survival Skills: Dare You Become the Ultimate Content Warrior?
- Protecting Brand Reputation: Crisis Communications Checklist for the Digital Age
- Measuring Marketing Impact
- The Future Customer and What it Means for Marketers
Engage Conference – March 7-8 – Portland, OR
Engage is a digital marketing conference in Portland that covers a LOT of knowledge in just two days. It’s a great way to catch up with the latest trends with lots of great speakers, covering topics from SEO to customer experience to paid social.
Here are a few speakers to not miss:
- Rand Fishkin, SparkToro & Moz
- Ellie Mirman, Crayon (Shout out to this Bostonian! Check out her morning keynote, ‘How to Supercharge Your Marketing with Competitive Intel’)
- Jamie Alberico, Arrow Electronics
- Amy Bishop, Cultivative (She’s giving a talk on ‘How to Integrate Social Ads into Your Multi-Channel Strategy’)
SXSW – March 8-17 – Austin, TX
One of the most popular conferences for creative professionals is SXSW. It takes place in Austin and brings together hundreds of different speakers from all backgrounds and walks of life. Don’t believe us? Just check out a small part of the lineup:
- Alphonzo Terrell, HBO
- Lauren Sliter, Dictionary.com
- Amy Moussavi, Snapchat
There is also the Brand & Marketing track that includes sessions on content, brand, creativity, and innovation to inspire your next marketing steps. Here are a few sessions you won’t want to miss:
- Is Social Media the New Fast Food?
- Can Content Media Catch Up with Digital?
- Creating “Sound-On” Content in a Sound-Off World
- Realigning ROI and Community
- How to Build a Standout Brand in a Crowded World
CMCX – March 12-13 – Munich, Germany
If you are in Germany in March, then don’t miss CMCX. One of Europe’s biggest content marketing events. Drawing more than 5000 attendees every year, this event features all the different aspects of content marketing.
Here are the speakers you don’t want to miss:
- Jaime Pham, LinkedIn
- Philip Hartmann, Coca-Cola
- Julia Leserer, Krones
- Nadine Berger, Toyota
inOrbit 2019 – March 13-15 – Portorož, Slovenia
Another big marketing event in Europe is taking place in Slovenia. inOrbit is a conference that blends content writing, marketing, strategy, storytelling, growth hacking, SEO, and social media all in one place.
Here are a few of the sessions you’ll want to put on your agenda:
- Considered Creativity: How to Supercharge Your Ideas to Drive Better Results and Stay Ahead (featuring: Kirsty Hulse)
- The Role of AI and ML in Storytelling and How it Will Influence the Future in Digital Growth Strategies (featuring: Lexi Mills)
- How to Make Content a Growth Engine for Your Business (featuring: John Collins)
Social Media Marketing World – March 20-22 – San Diego, CA
Social Media Marketing World is one of the most popular social media conferences. Featuring marketing experts who stand out. The conference goes beyond the usual social media marketing topics and offers discussions and presentations covering everything from live video to messenger bots to corporate marketing:
- How to Create a Content Plan That Scales
- How to Build Trust and Humanize Your Brand
- Advanced Strategies for Turning Employees into Brand Advocates
- How to Get Your Customers to Create Endless Amounts of Content for Your Business
If you cannot make it, there is also a virtual ticket to check out the sessions.
P.S. Special shout out to Boston native Ann Handley, who will be speaking at this conference!
Adobe Summit – March 26-28 – Las Vegas
The Adobe Summit is inviting many experts to talk about content, digital strategies, and all the latest trends we need to know, such as IoT and voice. It’s a highly informative conference that inspires you to try out new ideas, with speakers from leading brands and businesses:
- Rachel Curry, Volvo Cars USA
- Mindy Kaling, Actress
- Reese Witherspoon, Actress
- Pam Oliver, NFL Reporter on Fox News
- Satya Nadella, Microsoft (CEO)
ContentTech Summit – April 8-10 – San Diego, CA
If you want to improve your content marketing skills, then you don’t want to miss the ContentTech Summit. It’s the perfect opportunity to understand how content fits into the customer and digital experiences. This conference covers all the stages of content marketing, and it’s ideal for anyone interested in content strategies and best practices. Here are a few sessions you won’t want to miss:
- Use Your Data to Optimize Your Content
- Bullseye! Targeted Content Strategy for B2B ABM and Demand Gen
- Advanced Applications of AI and Content Marketing
ConFab April 23-26 – Minneapolis
ConFab is bringing together everyone who wants to make content more useful and usable (i.e., it’s great for content strategists!). Don’t worry; you don’t need to be a strategist or a UX designer to attend. There are many different sessions to enjoy as a marketer:
- People, Plans, and Process: Making Your Content Strategy Really Happen
- Content ROI: Defining and Measuring Success
- Structuring Content to Empower Users
- Measure and Test Your Way to Better Content
C3 – May 6-8 – New York
C3 is a very interesting marketing conference that brings together experts from across different industries. It provides useful learnings and sessions around strategies, tactics, marketing, and how brands can benefit from these. Their speaker and session list will be posted soon!
SearchLove – June 10 & 11 – Boston
SearchLove is for those who want to focus on content and SEO. While it’s a primarily search-focused conference, it also has some great sessions on how content writing marketing can be improved. If you’re interested in this area of topics, SearchLove is also taking place on May 4 & 5 in San Diego and on October 14 & 15 in London. More information on speakers and sessions to come!
SMW LA – June 12-13 – Santa Monica, CA
Social Media Week LA is one of the most popular social media and marketing conferences in the world. It’s important to note that it also takes place at different locations throughout the year. This event covers the latest trends in social media, marketing, content, and technology. The theme for this year is storytelling and how it can make social media a platform for positive change.
To read more about what they have in store, check out this article.
DigiMarCon Midwest 2019 – June 20-21 – Chicago, IL
If you are in Chicago this June, then make sure DigiMarCon Midwest is on your calendar. It’s an interesting conference that combines many different topics – from content marketing, strategy, and video to search, email, martech, and data. Here are a few speakers that have been announced:
- Almitra Karnick, CleverTap
- Amanda Robinson, Social Savvy Society
- Amy Lee, Mainland China Coca-Cola
- Clover Carroll, New Story Media
MozCon – July 15-17- Seattle, WA
MozCon is a three-day conference taking place in Seattle that blends inspiring and practical questions around SEO, growth marketing, content marketing, mobile marketing, and analytics. They haven’t released their speaker list or agenda yet, but we can’t wait to see what they have in store!
Learn Inbound – August 15-16 – Dublin, Ireland
Learn Inbound covers many different areas of digital marketing. From SEO and PPC to content marketing and PR. Its wide range of topics makes it appealing to many industry leaders, and it has gained a reputation for being highly informative and practical. We’re patiently waiting to see what they have in store for this year!
Content Marketing World – September 3-6 – Cleveland, OH
One of the most popular content marketing conferences is taking place in Cleveland on the 3rd of September. The Content Marketing World Conference is run by the CMI and invites the brightest minds in the content marketing industry. The sessions cover content strategy, content planning, content creation, distribution, and new marketing tactics. The goal is to inspire the attendees to take their content marketing skills to the next level.
Here are a few sessions you’ll want to check out:
- How to Be the Best Guest Blogger, So You Get Invited Again
- How to Transform Your Corporate Blog into an Owned Media Platform
- The Secret Rule for Getting Massive Content Marketing Results in a Fraction of the Time
- When Everyone is Telling Stories, Yours Better Really Rock: Dos, Don’ts, and Different Approaches
Inbound – September 3-6 – Boston, MA
nDash is excited for this one – maybe it’s because it’s in our backyard AND because we’re a HubSpot Connect Partner! Inbound 2019 is bringing together marketers, salespeople, and customer success experts yet again! Hosted by Hubspot, bringing together more than 24,000 attendees, and offering almost 300 breakout sessions, the goal is to help you improve your inbound marketing strategies. Their agenda hasn’t been released yet!
Did we miss an important content marketing event? Share it with us! If you liked this list, make sure you start planning your next trips before it’s too late!
Editor’s Note: This post was written by nDash community member Tereza Litsa. Tereza is the Social Media Manager at Lightful, helping charities transform how they do digital and build meaningful relationships with their supporters. She’s passionate about anything digital, with a keen interest in content writing, social media, and marketing. To learn more about Tereza, or to have her write for your brand, check out her nDash profile page.