It’s Friday afternoon, and we know your weekend can’t possibly start without knowing the latest features and bug-fixes on nDash, right?
Well, here you go…
Content Communities (for brands)
nDash was created to help brands find writers with specific subject matter expertise. To make this easier for companies (and to reward writers with great niches) we’ve created the concept of “Content Communities” within the platform.
Basically, these are groups of writers who’ve shown exceptional talent in a particular vertical, both on and off the nDash platform. We’ve given them higher ranking for search, included them in the “Suggested Writers” widget on the dashboard. But most importantly, we’ve made them the sole recipients of open assignments.
For example, if you post a writing assignment in the Technology category, the only writers who can see it and apply will be those within our Technology writer community.
This is our way of making sure you’re getting access to the best writing talent (not the highest number of applicants) without resorting to a illogical rating system, but that’s a post for another day.
Note: If you’re an existing writer on nDash and want to be included in a community, check out this Help Topic and complete the form at the bottom.
Quick Guide (for Writers)
Unlike other writing platforms — where you sit around and wait for work to come your way — there’s a lot proactive tasks for writers to do in nDash. This includes updating your profile, pitching content ideas, searching brands, and publishing articles on our Content Network. We bundled a few of these key tasks into a “Getting Started” widget for writers. Nothing fancy, but it’ll point you in the right direction.
We’ve also added dozens of new articles to our Writer Knowledge base.
We made a ton of back-end enhancements, but the fixes you’re likely to notice include:
- Open Writers in New Tab: If you’re searching for freelance writers on the overview page and want to compare multiple candidates, you can now right-click on their profile card and open them in a new tab.
- Kanban Styling: We gave the nDash Kanban board more vertical space, and fixed several style issues with Firefox.
- Sharing Content on LinkedIn: When you share an article from the nDash Content Network on social media, it’ll now pull the featured image instead of the nDash logo.
- 100% Upload Problem: We found a few file types that wouldn’t fully upload to the messaging threads with assignment. We fixed that.
- Workflow for Adding Users: If you add new users to your account, they now get sent through an easier workflow than before. (Reminder: nDash doesn’t charge per user, so get your team added.)
- Calendar Layout: The nDash content calendar is now full width, so you can see more of what you’re publishing and when it’s due.
- Smaller Headers: We optimized spacing on many pages within the platform to make it more user friendly.
If you’ve found an issue that we missed, please let us know about it.
The Best of Lucille Bluth
Finally, we’d like to take a moment and recognize the amazing career of actress Jessica Walter, who passed away recently at the age of 80. She’s most known (to us anyway) for her superb role as Lucille Bluth on the show Arrested Development. Here’s a video of her greatest hits:
And now, your weekend can commence.