You can find the writer code of conduct here: What is the nDash Writer Code of Conduct?
What the Update to the Code of Conduct Includes
Our latest update to the nDash Writer Code of Conduct includes the following:
Disclose Use of AI Tools: Some clients are okay with the use of these tools, while others consider them to be a form of plagiarism and/or fraud. Please disclose the use of ANY such tools to the client and never attempt to pass off ANY AI-generated content as your own original work.
Why We Updated the Writer Code of Conduct
We know AI is here to stay, and we’ve noticed that not all brands handle its use the same way. For example, some brands on the platform scan every piece of content to see if the writer uses AI. However, other brands ask each nDash writer to use AI during various stages of content creation.
Examples of those asks include:
- Outline creation
- Creating a “messy” first draft
- Rewriting or updating specific sections of a piece of content
- Generating social media copy
Sometimes, It’s Easy to Spot
A savvy editor can pick up on the use of AI, so it’s in the writer’s best interest to disclose this. For example, AI generates similar phrasing when answering prompts. The examples below show sections from four different prompts, each showing similar phrasing:
Another instance is how AI formats responses. For example, how AI formats bullets – in the screenshots below, you’ll see that ChatGPT uses title case in each bullet:
Google Bard uses periods instead of colons in each response:
Examples of How to Disclose the Use of AI
We understand that it might feel “strange” or open up an awkward conversation when disclosing the use of AI tools. Here are some examples of how to approach this:
- This piece of content was written with the assistance of Google Bard, a large language model from Google AI. Bard was used to help generate ideas, gather information, and write the text. All of the content in this piece is my own, but I am grateful for Bard’s help in making it possible.
- This content was created with the assistance of OpenAI’s ChatGPT, a cutting-edge language model, to help in researching and formulating ideas.
- This article was generated with the assistance of ChatGPT, an AI language model developed by OpenAI, to provide information and insights on the topic.
Above all, when in doubt, always disclose sources and (or) the use of AI tools.