When we launched the nDash.co platform, we did so with the mission of becoming the world’s most transparent writing platform. But then we realized there’s a lot more to transparency than just knowing the writer’s name and work history. With that in mind, we kicked off the nDash Writer Spotlight series in an effort to connect you further with our amazing community of writers. In this week’s installment, you’ll get to know Tricia Snell, a freelance writer specializing in health, wellness, and fitness. Enjoy!
nDash: If you could only write about one topic for the rest of your freelancing life, what would it be? And why?
Tricia Snell: I am a little greedy here; I have two loves – real estate and health & fitness. If I could not write about both, I would not feel complete.
Q: What’s the most rewarding part about being a freelance writer? The most challenging?
A: As a freelance writer of over 13 years, the greatest reward is helping others achieve their personal and business goals. This result occurs by delivering work that conveys a concise message and connects with an audience on their level. In doing this, I also like to exceed the expectations of the client. But that is just me.
The most challenging aspect of any project is ensuring both the client and myself are on the same page. I overcome this challenge with constant communication throughout a project. This approach keeps the client up-to-date with progress and covers all the finer points, leaving nothing to chance. I am not much of a gambler.
Q: What do your most successful clients all have in common?
A: My most successful clients are excellent communicators who know what they want to achieve. But, many do not know how to make this want a reality using words. This scenario is where I can help. I listen to my client’s needs, which are sometimes just their thoughts, then I transform these needs into easily read and interpreted concepts. Many of my clients say this is a gift that I have. I think it is a passion.
Q: What made you decide to become a freelance writer?
A: I am a freelance writer for two reasons, I am in love with words and enjoy helping others. Consequently, my profession brings those two passions together.
Q: What’s the biggest mistake you see brands making with their content?
A: Many brands follow the traditional approach to sales and marketing, and they forget about being personable and approachable. This tactic comes across as a hard sell, which bombards and frustrates customers. Thus, it is time to inject personality and allow customers to get to know the brand. So, have a conversation with the client rather than try to sell them a product or service. You will build rapport quickly, and they will trust you enough to buy from you.
Q: What marketing trends should brands be keeping an eye on in 2017?
A: Interactive content, influencer marketing, and personalization – these trends get customers involved, connect with them at their level, and gain attention.
- Favorite marketing buzzword? Uber Free Zone
- Watched any terrible movies lately? Yes, but I am not into naming and shaming because others may love those flicks.
- The world record you are most likely to break? Is the most prolific freelance writer.
- Are you cool with the Oxford comma? I am neither anti or pro-Oxford – it is all about what the client wants for me and the best way to convey a message the audience understands.
- What is a reasonable punishment for people who double-space after a sentence? Oh no, the dreaded ‘Space Invader’ – let us just smile and move on. After all, most people who insist on using the double space are adamant that this is correct. Therefore, rather than getting into an argument – because life seriously is just too short – let them double-space.
Want to work with Tricia Snell? Hire her on the nDash platform now.