When it comes to platform features, sometimes less is more. This is one of those times. Our latest platform updates includes a significant scale-back in terms of unused features while bringing to the forefront some of the more common use cases. Let’s take a look at what’s new with the nDash platform.
Add Your Own Freelance Writers
nDash is meant to be a platform to manage all of your writers, whether they are in-house employees or freelance writers you’ve found in our community. But what about freelancers you’re already working with outside of nDash? Until recently, brands could only bring in their existing writers by submitting a support ticket — but not anymore. In our latest release, we’ve given all brand users the ability to invite their own freelance writers to the platform.
The best part? nDash will only collect a 5% fee on assignments with your invited freelancers.
Here’s how it works:
#1. Head to Group Settings and click Add or Manage members.
#2. Click Invite People
#3. Enter your writer’s email address, select VIP Writer, and send
Once they’ve created an account, they’ll automatically be added as favorite writers.
You’ll also notice this icon next to their name, indicating “VIP” status.
You’ll also notice the 5% fee in the assignment payment summary.
For more on how this works, check out this Help Topic.
Through this feature, we’ve added some exceptionally talented writers to our community and made it easier for our customers to build and manage the modern writing team.
Changes to Company Sign-Up Flow
You may have also noticed that we’re no longer allowing just anyone to create an nDash company account. A few reasons for this:
- Brands do much better on nDash we have the opportunity to learn about their content needs and give a detailed demo of the platform.
- We really value our writer’s time and don’t want them pitching or engaging brands that were just there to kick the tires.
- To put an end to spam/bot accounts (they are a persistent bunch)
Fr brands wondering if nDash is a fit, please get in touch with our team, and we’ll be happy to help!
Changes to Referrals
The changes to brand sign-up flow also impact our referral program. Previously, a writer would be able to share their nDash profile, and if someone signed up with that link, they’d be credited with the referral. While great in theory, we’ve found that writers earning the most in referral payouts were those who introduced us to prospective brands directly. This gave us the opportunity to better assist them in getting started.
Going forward, writers can fill out our Lead Registration form, and if they move forward, we’ll manually credit them with the referral in nDash.
You can read more about this new method in the Writer Help Topic.
Removed the nDash Content Network and Industry Pitches
Other features we’ve rolled back include both the Content Network and Industry pitches. A few notes on each:
- Content Network: the idea was for nDash to become a blogging platform of sorts, where writers could create articles, publish them, and get them purchased by brands. What we came to realize, however, is that the really talented writers don’t have much free creative time — they are busy working for clients. The submissions we did receive were seldom purchased and took a lot of time for our team to curate. Going forward, we’re hyper-focusing on one use case for writers: helping them build a roster of freelance clients. (Note: if you’d like to download your previously published articles, contact us, and we’ll send them your way).
- Industry Pitches: the idea with this feature was that writers could submit content ideas at large. Then, any brand could search through and decide to purchase them. While we had a lot of great submissions (and many were accepted) we found that most brands were only interested in pitches specific to their brands. So going forward, you’ll now see that writers are only able to submit direct pitches.
We’ve got a lot planned for the nDash platform in 2023, but if you’d like to suggest some new features or enhancements, we’d love to hear them! Contact our team today!